Monday, July 21, 2008

Rocky Sampler


"Pass backward through the bead below, then forward through the bead you just strung." The mantra of square stitch, which I calmly intoned who knows how many hundreds of times yesterday. Four 2-hour classes with 10-15 students each, and nearly all of them managed to square-stitch a circle (those that didn't get it may need peyote-deprogramming). Perhaps I could bring a radio-controlled toy plane to demonstrate what a loop-the-loop flight/thread path looks like? It was a fun day. The students were great (even when I was 30 minutes late); I imagine that TAKING four 2-hour classes would be pretty intense and they kept their cool (next time I will bring THEM the cherry m&m's).
Since my handout didn't show the finished project because it was too crammed with silly stitch explanations and diagrams, here's a pic of the bracelet in two of the color ways. But really, there is no requirement to make a bracelet...
Thanks to all that made the RMBS Sampler a success (as far as I know)!!

No comments: