Tuesday, February 22, 2011

boundless

Tuesday, Feb 22. Week One at the Ranch.
Bruises should cover my body with all the pinchings of disbelief. Yet here I am, walking on periwinkle carpet and sleeping behind a flagstone wall festooned with framed matador and pictures of satelites. Further proof that the southwest is closer to space. Or to Spain.

This week's readings include The Annotated Dracula by Leonard Wolf (Bram Stoker's story with Leo's notes filling the sidebars; makes me long for Whitby, England);
Sacred Machine: a sexy gothic corporeal gallery in Tucson, for which we have commited to make Calder jewelry for the beautiful propriators (sp);
and these three cards: Knight of Swords, Three of Pentacles (rev), and Strength. Not sure of the knight (maybe some bastard or myself in my past), but the three paints me as a lazy craftsman, and (no doubt ?) Kate is Strength "a bountiful garden resplendent with the possibilities of positive force in both the spiritual and physical worlds." Also, makes me miss my Aunt Kelly.
(note the spring blossoms AND pumpkins in Napa: I am temporally challenged and seasonally confused!)

"Boundless" is Andrew's word of this week and is causing me some distress. An artist's soul supposedly works best unfettered, yet I have bound my own with so much drugs and alcohol that I know not where it is wont to go. And I have severed so many binds before finding myself here at the Atomic Ranch I wonder what I will find. I think it was the-road-less-traveled-guy that also wrote "good walls/fences make good neighboors". It is not my roommates' boundries that frighten me ...

2 comments:

kate mckinnon said...

Soon you will be floating in the pool, with the warm sun opening your heart.

Andrew Thornton said...

Every day is full of possibility.